The NMC said
Our new standards of proficiency have been updated to take into account the changes taking place in society and health care, and the implications these changes have for registered nurses.
There are now seven platforms within the new standards of proficiency for registered nurses which are important to understand because they:
- represent the knowledge, skills and attributes that all registered nurses must demonstrate when caring for people of all ages and across all care settings.
- reflect what the public can expect nurses to know and be able to do in order to deliver safe, compassionate and effective nursing care.
- provide a benchmark for nurses from the EEA, EU and overseas wishing to join the register.
- provide a benchmark for those who plan to return to practice after a period of absence.
What are the seven platforms?
- Being an accountable professional
- Promoting health and preventing ill health
- Assessing needs and planning care
- Providing and evaluating care
- Leading and managing nursing care and working in teams
- Improving safety and quality of care